Topped with goat cheese and a sprinkling of basil, this festive frittata is perfect for a spring brunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 8
2 Tbs. heavy cream
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup (3 oz./90 g) thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
1 cup (5 oz./155 g) diced ham or bacon
1 cup (5 oz./155 g) shelled fresh or frozen English peas*
4 oz. (125 g) soft goat cheese, divided into tablespoon-size pieces
1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
*Optional: substitute chopped asparagus for peas.
1. Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt until well combined.
3. In a 9 1/2-inch (24-cm) sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the green onions and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the ham and peas and cook for 1 minute, then pour the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle goat cheese pieces over the egg mixture.
5. Transfer the sauté pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffy and the top is beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.
–from the kitchen of Jason French, Chef/Owner, Ned Ludd